- Provides a relevant dose of plant sterols.
- Complements diet and lifestyle measures to support healthy cholesterol levels.
- Convenient dosage.
Cholesterol maintenance is an important part of many people’s diet and lifestyle regimes. Blackmores Cholesterol Health™ contains plant sterols which help to reduce cholesterol absorption. It also contains betacarotene, as betacarotene absorption may be reduced when taking plant sterols.
Plant sterols are fat-like compounds with a chemical structure that is very similar to cholesterol. However compared to cholesterol, plant sterols are only minimally absorbed. They are naturally present in everyday foods especially in vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains and cooking oils.
During digestion, the plant sterols compete with cholesterol for absorption. What this means is that less cholesterol is absorbed and more cholesterol is excreted.
A daily dose of 2-3 grams of plant sterols from plant sterol-enriched food is recommended by the National Heart Foundation of Australia to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Blackmores Cholesterol Health™ provides a daily dose of 2 grams of plant sterols. It helps in maintaining the LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio within the normal range.
Find out more about the National Heart Foundation of Australia’s recommendations for heart health.
Blackmores Cholesterol Health™ is for people concerned about their cholesterol levels and is a useful proactive aid in conjunction with diet and lifestyle changes.
Adults – Take 1 capsule twice daily with main meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions
- There is no benefit from taking more than 3 g/day of phytosterols (plant sterols) from all sources.
- Not suitable for pregnant or lactating women.
- Not for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Blood cholesterol levels should be regularly checked.
- If already taking cholesterol medication see a healthcare professional before making any changes.
Red coloured soft gel capsule.