- Helps maintain healthy arteries and a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Reduces the oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
- Supports cellular energy production.
- Natural source.
Coenzyme Q10 is found naturally in the body and plays an essential role in the production of energy in all cells. As such it is important for the health of virtually all human tissues and organs.
The heart is one of the most active tissues in the body, and requires an adequate supply of CoQ10. CoQ10 assists in maintaining heart health, in particular heart muscle function.
The body’s ability to synthesise CoQ10 declines with age and with exercise. CoQ10 inhibits the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol. Cholesterol is very susceptible to free radical damage, which leads to the formation of a toxic derivative called oxidised LDL-cholesterol. It is currently understood that LDL-cholesterol may be harmful to the body after it has become oxidised.
Adults – Take 1 mini capsule daily to provide support for cellular energy production.
Take 1 mini capsule twice daily to support a healthy heart.
Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions
- Not to be taken if on warfarin therapy without medical advice.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
- A brown, unprinted, oval, soft gelatin capsule.