- High potency.
- May help to shorten the duration and decrease the severity of symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections such as colds and flu.
- May decrease the incidence of colds.
- Supports healthy function of the immune system.
- Standardised potency, beta-1, 2-D-oligofructofuranosides 1.6mg per tablet.
Echinacea has been shown to stimulate the immune system and may reduce the duration of colds and minor infections of the respiratory tract.
One of the ways that echinacea works in the immune system is by increasing the number of white blood cells. White blood cells are involved in defending the body against foreign microorganisms.
Echinacea also stimulates a group of immune system cells called phagocytes, which engulf and digest bacteria or other foreign bodies.
Adults – Take 2 tablets up to 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Liquid Echinacea. Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
Contraindications and cautions
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Use with caution if you suffer from asthma or allergies
A light green, capsule shaped tablet with opaque coating.