Formulated for effective morning response to ‘before bedtime dosage’.
Cape aloes and cascara are the laxative herbs in this formula. The active constituents of these herbs are anthraquinone glycosides. These constituents are traditionally known to stimulate peristalsis, which is the contraction of the smooth muscle of the bowel. This action promotes evacuation and thus helps to relieve constipation.
Adults: Take 1 tablet with a full glass of water with a main meal or as professionally prescribed.
Children – Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Contraindications and cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Do not use if abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea
- Overuse (excessive doses and/or duration of use) may lead to dependence and/or fluid and mineral depletion
- Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
- For ongoing management of constipation it is recommended that bowel regularity is improved by including plenty of water and fibre in the diet, and regular exercise.
A dark green, round biconvex tablet with opaque coating.