- Standardised potency, contains 550 ?g agnuside per tablet.
- Traditionally used to:
- regulate the menstrual cycle.
- relieve breast-pain and
- swelling associated with fluid retention.
Vitex agnus-castus is indicated for the relief of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. Low levels of the hormone progesterone can contribute to premenstrual symptoms such as tension, irritability, anxiety or other mood changes. Vitex has been shown to help these symptoms due to its effect on the pituitary gland.
Clinical trials have shown that Vitex agnus-castus can help correct irregularities of the menstrual cycle, such as cycle length. Vitex encourages ovulation and helps to normalise the menstrual cycle. It can assist in reducing breast pain, fluid retention and premenstrual acne.
Adults?? Take 1 tablet 3 times a day before meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under?12 years?? Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindication and cautions
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Not recommended during pregnancy.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Vitex agnus-castus (Chaste tree) extract
equivalent to dry fruit
(standardised to contain agnuside 550 ?g)? 660 mg
Due to seasonal variation this herb will look different from batch to batch, however its quality and efficacy remain the same.