- Drink plenty of water to help thin down and loosen mucus, making it easier to cough up.
- A steam vaporiser can help to keep air warm and increase moisture in the air, which may help to relieve coughing, especially at night.
- Try a steam inhalation with a few drops of eucalyptus or tea tree oil added to help thin mucus and relieve nasal congestion.
- Avoid other people’s smoke. If you smoke yourself, ask for help to give up — it’s one of the best things you can do for your health.
- Keep your cough to yourself: wash your hands regularly and sneeze or cough into tissues and then throw them straight in the bin.
Adults and children over 12 years: 5 mL.
Children 2 – 12 years: 2.5 mL.
Initially, take one dose every half hour for 4 doses. Then, every 4 hours until symptoms are relieved. If coughing or nasal congestion persists, see your healthcare professional. Not to be used in children under 2 years of age without the advice of a healthcare professional.