Extend the life of your hair color
Root Touch-Up gives your hair color a boost, covering roots and grays anytime between regular colorings. The targeted Root Creme works in just 10 minutes and matches any brand — even salon color.* permanent color that matches any brand – even salon color*
- Quick coverage of roots and grays — just 10 minutes
- 100% gray coverage
*Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color.
Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-Up FAQ
Why is root touch-up right for me?
Root Touch-Up is specially designed to target new root and gray regrowth and restore beautiful, natural-looking color in just 10 minutes between colorings.
Will it match my shade and brand?
Yes. Our unique ColorMatch Root Creme Mixture contains a perfect blend of tones proven to match your shade – no matter which brand you use. It even works with salon color*. Guaranteed!
*Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color.
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
*vs. untreated hair
What makes it so easy?
Our Precision Color Brush allows you to easily apply the creme just where you need it. No mess, no fuss. Just 10 minutes and roots are gone!
FAQ: About Clairol Products
What products does Clairol make?
Clairol makes haircolor products. Choose from Semi-Permanent (lasts through 8-12 shampoos), Demi-Permanent (lasts through 28 shampoos), Permanent (lasts until your hair grows out or you recolor) or Highlighting & Blonding to help you become colorwonderful ™.
Should individuals with natural, uncolored hair use different haircolor products than those who have previously colored their hair?
It depends on the desired result. If you are coloring your hair for the first time and only want to enhance your natural color, try a Demi-Permanent (lasts through 28 shampoos) product close to your natural haircolor. If you want to go lighter, you need to select a Permanent (lasts until your hair grows out or you recolor) haircolor, then refer to the insert that comes inside your box of Clairol haircolor and follow the instructions for first time application.
Should people who want to cover gray hair use different coloring products than those who don’t need coverage?
Most Clairol haircolor products will blend or cover gray hair to some degree. If you have a small percentage of gray (not very visible), use a Semi-Permanent (lasts through 8-12 shampoos) product, such as Loving Care. If you have a higher percentage of gray hair (up to 50%), use a Demi-Permanent (lasts through 28 shampoos) product such as Natural Instincts, which will blend away gray hair.
On the other hand, if you have a lot of gray and want to cover it completely, use a Permanent (lasts until your hair grows out or you recolor) product. If you have 50% or more gray, use Nice ‘n Easy Gray Solution.
How can I test-run a color before committing to coloring my entire head of hair?
Strand test is a simple method for you to test haircolor on a portion of your hair before doing the entire application. (The instructions are in your haircolor box.) It’s an important step because it’s the only way to see exactly how the shade you selected works with your starting haircolor to achieve the resulting color. A strand test will also help you determine the exact timing you’ll need to color your whole head.
Where can I find product instructions?
Product instruction inserts are inside your haircolor box.
Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-Up: Shade 5G
Water, C12-15 Pareth-3, Cocamide MEA, Oleth-10, Dilinoleic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl Dimethylamine Dimer Dilinoleate, Steareth-21, Ammonium Hydroxide, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-22, Sodium Sulfate, Algae Extract, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Erythorbic Acid, EDTA, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metasilicate, Resorcinol, P-Phenylenediamine, Caramel, P-Aminophenol, M-Aminophenol, Mica, Iron Oxides, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, 1-Naphthol, Titanium Dioxide
Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-Up Developer:
Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Laureth-23, Steareth-21, Ceteareth-20, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Styrene/VP Copolymer, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Etidronic Acid
Important safety warnings: hair color products may cause allergic reactions, which in rare cases can be severe. Tattoos may increase the risk of allergy to this product. Conduct a skin allergy test 48 hours prior to each application, even if you have already used coloring products before. Remember to buy the product 48 hours in advance. Do not use this product if you have experienced any reaction to hair color products or have sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp. In these cases, do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any hair color product. Read and follow instructions carefully. In rare cases, use of hair colorants has been associated with temporary or permanent skin depigmentation (skin lightening or loss of color). If you notice any skin depigmentation or other unexpected reaction such as pain or severe itching, discontinue use immediately.
Caution: this product contains ingredients that may cause skin irritation on certain individuals and a preliminary test according to accompanying directions should first be made. This product must not be used for dyeing the eyelashes or eyebrows. To do so may cause blindness. Product not intended to be used on children. Keep out of reach of children.
Important: Safety Instructions
Hair colorants can cause allergic reactions which in rare instances can be severe. Tattoos may increase your risk of allergy, to reduce your risk follow these instructions:
1. Do not use this product at all if:
- You have already experienced any reaction to coloring products.
- You have sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp.
In these cases do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any haircolor product.
2. Perform a skin allergy test 48 hours before each product use even if you have already used coloring products before.
Skin allergy test instructions
Must be performed 48 hours before you color your hair:
You will need a cotton ball or swab, a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon.
1. Unscrew the cap from the Color Activating Lotion  bottle.
2. Then open the Permanent Color Creme  tube. Unscrew cap and turn tube upside down. Hold tube firmly without squeezing and point the opening away from your face. Push the pointed end of the cap into the seal.
3. Mix small, equal parts of Permanent Color Creme  and Color Activating Lotion  in a plastic bowl.
4. Tightly recap both the Color Activating Lotion  bottle and the Permanent Color Creme  tube.
5. Apply mixture to a test area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow. Allow to dry. Use remaining mixture for Strand Test. Do not wash this area for 48 hours. During washing, protect with an adhesive bandage and remove it immediately after washing.
6. Examine the test area during the next 48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you are ready to color. The absence of reaction to this test is no guarantee that an allergic reaction may not occur as a result of a future haircoloring process. However, this test represents an important precaution.Please consult your doctor if you have any doubts.
Note: if a rash, redness, burning or itching occurs you may be allergic. Stop. You must not use this product.
What to do if you have a reaction during or within the next 48 hours of coloring your hair
If during coloring you experience:
- Any stinging or burning and/or rash, rinse immediately and discontinue use as this may be an indication of a more serious reaction. Do not color your hair again before consulting a doctor or seeking medical advice.
- Rapidly spreading skin rash, dizziness or faintness, shortness of breath and/or swelling eyes/face, rinse immediately and seek immediate medical attention. If after coloring or on the following days you experience problems, such as skin itching, skin rash, swelling to eyes/face, blistering and/or skin or scalp weeping seek immediate medical attention.
- This product contains ingredients including hydrogen peroxide, which may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. If any product gets into your eye, flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- We recommend removing contact lenses before applying haircolor. If you must wear contact lenses during application and if any product gets into your eye, remove the lens first, then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Never use haircolor on eyebrows or eyelashes or if your scalp is irritated or injured.
- Do not inhale or ingest product.
- Do not use if your hair has been colored with henna or metal dyes.
- Prepare and use the product in a well-ventilated area. If you experience inhalation difficulties, move to fresh air.
- Remove all metal objects from hair before and during coloring.
- Wear gloves and rinse hair well after application.
- Keep product in a cool place away from heat and light. Do not mix this colorant with any other product. Do not keep any unused mixed product. Do not leave the mixture in a closed bottle (bottle may expand or burst).
- Product not intended to be used on children.
Keep all haircoloring products out of reach of children.
Do the Strand Test each time you color to determine optimal timing and color results. Perms, relaxers, previous color, and the sun can affect your results and timing.
You will need: scissors, tape and a clock.
1. Cut a 1/4 inch strand from your roots that is generally not visible (any area NOT along the part line, temples or hairline is best), and tape strand, exposing the root end.
2. Completely cover the exposed root end of the strand with the mixture remaining from Allergy Test. Start timing.
3. After 10 minutes, check root end of the strand. If the root end is not the color you want, leave color on for an additional 5 minutes.