Key Product Features
- A calming device that delivers soothing white noise that only baby can hear
- A comforting solution that helps any caregiver safely calm and soothe a baby
- Volume pre-set at a safe and effective 75 decibels
- Three pre-set sound modes–mothers heartbeat, rain on a tin roof, ocean waves
- Automatically switches off after 10 minutes of use
- Requires 3 x AAA batteries
- Includes a high quality protective travel case
- Cushion cover is made from soft 100% jersey cotton
- Cushion cover is washable
- Weighs 107g (with batteries)
- Suitable for use from birth
Is the Gro Hush safe?
The Gro Hush has been tested to the relevant toy safety standards including EN71, US Toy Standard ASTM F963 and the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. The sound levels have been set at a volume that is safe for continuous use as stated by the Children Hearing Institute in New York. It is not possible to alter the sound levels of the Gro Hush so you can’t have it too loud. Always ensure that you are using the Gro-hush as recommended in the instructions. The Gro Hush also switches off automatically after 10 minutes–you can use it for longer but you will need to select the sound again.
Why does the Gro Hush have Three Different Sounds?
The Gro Hush has three different soothing white noise sounds as different babies prefer different sounds. You can try the different sounds to see which your baby responds to best. The mother’s heart beat sound is familiar and reassuring to baby, with a steady rhythm, the rain on a tin roof sound is higher pitched for an interrupting quality, giving baby a sound to focus on, while the ocean waves sound is slow, steady and peaceful.
Will the Gro Hush Work for My Baby?
White noise has been consistently proven to calm and soothe babies, but the Gro Hush might not necessarily work immediately, every time or the first time for your baby. Make sure you try using the Gro Hush more than once, try using the Gro Hush for a few minutes–if they are crying very loudly it might take a little while for them to hear the white noise, and try the different sounds to work out if your baby has a favourite. White noise can be most effective when used initially on young babies. We recommend you try to use the Gro Hush from newborn. Also remember to ensure your baby is not crying because they are hungry or require changing. If you suspect your baby might be unwell please contact a health professional.