PAW DigestiCare 60™ combines a multi-stain probiotic powder with a fermented wholefood powder to:
Why PAW DigestiCare 60™ is different?
- It is made specifically for pets and for your specie (dog, cat).
Probiotic formulas used by humans are developed specifically to fortify the bacterial species found in the human GI tract, however pets have specific strains of bacteria unique to them.
- It has enough live organism (potency) per dose to colonise the gut.
CFU stands for colony forming units, which is the measure of live microbes in a probiotic. A maintenance dose of 50 million CFU / dose or more is recommended.
- It has a number of different strains (7) of beneficial bacteria.
Probiotics are identified by their specie or strain. Different strains can have different effects. Think of a strain the way you would think about a breed of dog. All dogs are the same specie, but different breeds (strains) are good for different purpose.
- Like all Blackmores products it is quality tested to meet label claims.
- It is registered with the APVMA as a medicated stock feed.
- It is palatable and easy to give to pets. It also includes a scoop.
- It delivers additional health benefits via naturally fermented organic whole foods.
Is your dog taking antibiotics?
The purpose of antibiotic treatment is to kill bacteria that cause infections. However antibiotics do not discriminate between ‘bad’ bacteria and ‘good’ bacteria, effectively killing all susceptible bacteria. As a result, the delicate balance of the digestive system is disturbed and the absence of good bacteria can result in poor digestion, diarrhoea, bloat and flatulence. PAW DigestiCare 60™ can help restore and maintain a healthy balance in the digestive tract by providing ‘good’ bacteria back to the gut for pets being treated with antibiotics.
Is your pet suffering diarrhoea or flatulence?
Gastro (gastroenteritis) in dogs is commonly caused by the ‘bad’ bacteria dominating the digestive tract resulting in diarrhoea, flatulence, bloating and poor general health. PAW DigestiCare 60™ provides good bacteria to the restore intestinal balance. PAW DigestiCare 60™ also provides key nutrients including essential amino acids, vitamins, fatty acids and enzymes to enhance your pet’s health and vitality.
Contains the active ingredients:
7 strain probiotic powder at 60,000,000 cfu / 2g (Lactobacillus acidophilus; L.delbrueckii subspecies bulgaricus; L.lantarum; L. rhamnosus; Bifidobacterium bifidum; Enterococcus faecium;Streptococcus alivarius subspecies thermophilus).
Other ingredients include naturally fermented organic whole grains and seeds, alfalfa grass, quinoa, spirulina and other legumes and cereals to provide easily absorbed nutritional support.
Dose rate are:
- Puppies / Kittens – 2g/day
- Small Dogs – 2g/day
- Medium Dogs – 4g/day
- Large Dogs– 6g/day
- Cats – 2g/day
- Other companion animals (rabbits, guinea pigs…) – Up to 2g/day in feed.
In period of intestinal discomfort double the dosage for the first 5 days.
Avoid contact with eyes. For Animal Treatment Only.
When to Use
- To maintain a healthy digestive system.
- To improve and restore a healthy intestinal balance.
- For pets with poor digestion.
- For pets who have been prescribed antibiotics (post).
- For puppies & kittens to provide a balanced intestinal microflora early in life.
- For pets suffering from stress.
- For pets changing environment (traveling, change of diet, boarding kennel…).
- For healthy pets as a maintenance product.
A light green/yellow powder.